PKI system of authentication and transaction verification in Internet Banking
Digital Certificate/ Signature
"e-signature" is the electronic equivalent of the handwritten signature. The Digital Certificate/ Signature becomes crucial when there is a risk of fraud, a risk of legal ramifications if a transaction is altered or disclosed, or when the identity of an individual or business entity is essential to be confirmed. This is approved by IT Act and has legal sanctity.
Why Digital Signatures ?
- To provide Authenticity, Integrity and Non-repudiation to electronic documents
- To use the Internet as the safe and secure medium for e-Commerce and e-Governance
Public Key Infrastructure
PKI is an online infrastructure using encryption, digital signatures and digital certificates to secure applications, communications and transactions.
- Some Trusted Agency is required which certifies the association of an individual with the key pair.Certifying Authority (CA).
- This association is done by issuing a certificate to the user by the CA Public key certificate (PKC)
- All public key certificates are digitally signed by the CA
- They are similar to smart cards in functionality as
- Key is generated inside the token.
- Key is highly secured as it doesn't leave the token.
- Highly portable.
- Machine Independent.
- Connected in USB port
List of Licensed CA's whose certificates are compatible with Punjab and Sind Bank
- Sify - Safescrypt ( https://dsc.safescrypt.com )
- n(Code) solution
- For further information about digital Certificate you may visit controller of Certifying Authorities of India. http://www.cca.gov.in/cca/
- Java 1.8 or above - Link to download http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
- IE 8 or above
- Mozilla 38 or above http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/